Style has always been quintessential part of the hip hop ethos. Sacha Jenkins’ documentary Fresh Dressed is a documentary film that chronicles the history of “hip hop” fashion. What the film demonstrates is that it’s not how much money an item or outfit costs, but the power ascribed to the pieces. The garments worn by those in hip hop are often not made to be worn by those donning them, but it’s the new energy that hip hop brings to those pieces which is truly special. Fresh Dressed will be released sometime next year, and will subsequently be aired on CNN.
Share This :
- Hero Group’s CEO and Founder, Joe Anthony, Takes You Through the Hottest Topics of the Week on Today’s Hero Trend Report
- Hero Group Launches Content Production Division, Hero Studios
- Hero Talk Episode #11: A Talk With Metastatic Breast Cancer Patient, Beth Fairchild
- Hero Group Strengthens its Experiential Capabilities, with Strategic Partnership with Giant Step
- All New Episode of Hero Talk with Ross Martin